daffykyle is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Include zero values in below query!

Hello all,

I'm busy doing some querying for a project I'm working on and need to include zero values in this query I've been beavering away on.

In summary the query brings up Emails, Phone Calls and Clicks for some clients based on their name, however in instances where the Email count is zero it isn't bringing up their stats even if they have a click count and a phone call count.

Can anybody help please? (and Thanks in advance) Query wording below:

SELECT DISTINCT JanuaryClients.Supplier, Nz(Count(JanuaryEmail.Supplier),0) AS Emails, Nz(JanuaryPhone.[Answered Calls],'0') AS Phone, Nz(DSum("Clicks","JanuaryClicks","[Action] like '*" & JanuaryClients.Tracking & "*'"),0) AS SumOfClicks
    FROM JanuaryEmail INNER JOIN (JanuaryPhone INNER JOIN JanuaryClients ON JanuaryPhone.Number = JanuaryClients.Premium) ON JanuaryEmail.Supplier = JanuaryClients.Supplier
    GROUP BY JanuaryClients.Supplier, JanuaryPhone.[Answered Calls], JanuaryClients.Tracking;

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by daffykyle View Post
    Hello all,

I'm busy doing some querying for a project I'm working on and need to include zero values in this query I've been beavering away on.

In summary the query brings up Emails, Phone Calls and Clicks for some clients based on their name, however in instances where the Email count is zero it isn't bringing up their stats even if they have a click count and a phone call count.

Can anybody help please? (and Thanks in advance) Query wording below:

SELECT DISTINCT JanuaryClients.Supplier, Nz(Count(JanuaryEmail.Supplier),0) AS
    count(Nz(JanuaryEmail.Supplier),0) AS
    Emails, Nz(JanuaryPhone.[Answered Calls],'0') AS Phone, Nz(DSum("Clicks","JanuaryClicks","[Action] like '*" & JanuaryClients.Tracking &
    The NZ(DSum needs to be switched also
    "*'"),0) AS SumOfClicks
    FROM JanuaryEmail INNER JOIN (JanuaryPhone INNER JOIN JanuaryClients ON JanuaryPhone.Number = JanuaryClients.Premium) ON JanuaryEmail.Supplier = JanuaryClients.Supplier
    GROUP BY JanuaryClients.Supplier, JanuaryPhone.[Answered Calls], JanuaryClients.Tracking;
    You have to resolve the nulls before you do anything else.

daffykyle is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi Hertford, unfortunately this didnt seem to work.

Access suggests that not enough arguments were in the statement, so i changed the Nz to be in front of count again and the query ran, just didnt allocate the 0 to the counts where it couldn't find that supplier name.

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

If it still isn't working, you might try setting up the query in design view

with each of the fields replaced by a NZ calculated field. After you get it working, go to SQL view and get the SQL.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.