JeffG3209 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

I'm Back! Help me start on the right foot this time :)

I wished that the last thing I built would have been a bit more complex with relationships, however now is my chance.

This is lottery numbers, fun right? I have some additional data that is not on the excel sheet that I will be adding in. The goal of this database is to be able to calculate the current odds of scratch offs rather than the original odds when the game was introduced.

On the other sheet I have ticket totals and some formula driven odds. All this data together will be able to calculate someone's "best bets" with the current figures on a weekly basis.

I believe that the structure of my tables this go around is very important. I would like the for users to be able to filter by every heading on my excel sheet. However, when it comes to me choosing a primary key, I'm kind of confused what I should choose.

What would be my best bet to manipulate the data simplest regarding table structure and primary keys?

Side Note:

I have never really been a lotto player, but a guy I work with, I swear, spends $200/ week on scratch-offs. He never looks at the odds, and many of the games he plays are closed, meaning his money goes right down the toilet . I thought it could be a fun way to play with access again, and maybe save him and some others a bit less grief
    I see June7 is still around.. Thanks for the big help for a newbie last time I was here! I learned a lot, and was pretty needy with questions.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This is waaaay over my head but I bet (lol!) someone has done already. Not sure Access is the best tool for this. Check this article http://saliu.com/Newsgroups.htm
    Google will probably get you more.

If you do want this in Access, what are the data entities? Just what is the data that needs to be in related tables?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.