nikgupta is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Match-Up Quiz

Hi, I'm new to these forum so please excuse any formalities I may have skipped. I am attempting to create a match up quiz for a revision tool where the user can select fields to be tested on. The method of testing will be where the user has been given the data from one of the fields and must select the relating data from another field vis a drop down list. For example, being a music revision guide it might say:
    Composer Genre
    Mozart *Drop down list here: Classical, Baroque, Rock etc...
    Handel
    Then I would want to the database to tell the user which answers they got right and which they got wrong.

I have tried to create such a database but I feel that with my access knowledge limited I don't have a chance so I came to this forum for help. I know it's a lot to ask but help will be much appreciated.
    Thankyou.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Do you want user to see the correct answer after each choice? Could try a DLookup expression in a textbox.

Do you want to save user responses then report results at end of quiz?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

nikgupta is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Seeing the correct answer after each choice might give away some of the answers through elimination so saving the user responses and creating a report would be better.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Then you have a lot to do. Your request is too broad in scope for detailed response and we just don't have enough information. When you encounter specific issues post question.

Start with a review of the 'sticky' thread tutorials here http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-access-help-18/

You need to fully identify the elements of data and design tables. You will need a table to store the user ID, question id, and user response.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.