MJeanBap is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Allow for list box choices to reappear after 1st selection

I have 2 list boxes on the same page (one for selecting the type of cancer and another for users to select the quantity associated with the type of cancer just selected).

I do not want to add the mult-selection feature, but instead would like to figure out how to have these same 2 list boxes reappear for a new selection after one selection has already been made and saved.

Thank you

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by MJeanBap View Post
    I have 2 list boxes on the same page (one for selecting the type of cancer and another for users to select the quantity associated with the type of cancer just selected).

I do not want to add the mult-selection feature, but instead would like to figure out how to have these same 2 list boxes reappear for a new selection after one selection has already been made and saved.

Thank you
    Don't know what you mean by reappearing after one selection has been made? Do the list boxes diesppear after the selection is made?

No, the boxes don't disappear. I'm wondering after a selection is made, how can it be saved for another selection to be made without completing a new form.

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by MJeanBap View Post
    No, the boxes don't disappear. I'm wondering after a selection is made, how can it be saved for another selection to be made without completing a new form.
    I am still not sure what you mean. You want the values from these two list boxes to be availble for another entry? If this is not what you mean, please describe in detail what you are trying to achieve.

Yes. I want users to make another selection.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I think that we need to understand what you are doing. Are your users entering data and you wish to use the same data in one record and enter it in a new record? Are you using your lsit boxes to run queries and retrieve information. It would be helpful if you described in detail what you are attempting to do. Your current explanations are too vague to offer any type of informative solution.

I apologize. Yes, I am using list boxes to run queries and retrieve data. I'd like to have a list box that users can scroll through to select a specific type of cancer (i.e. breast, colon, or cervical, etc), and a corresponding quantity for that cancer in their region.

For example, Jane Doe has 6 breast, 2 brain, and 9 lung cancer cases in her region that she would like to report to me. I'd like for Jane to go into the form and select breast and the quantity that corresponds to it (6) and save. Then, she should be able to select brain, then the number 2, and so forth.

How would I go about doing something like this?

Are your list boxes on a search form? If so, then you will need to link your query criteria to the listbox. Look at this video on search forms to get started.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...earchform.html

In your case you would use the list box as the criteria and not a text box. Not sure how to get the quantity at this time. Perhaps you will need to use a Top function but run it from VBA. Let's get the cancer type part solved first.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I don't have any queries. Do I need to create one?

What I was able to do, after watching the video, is change the list boxes to text boxes. Then, I included the same coding demonstrated in the video that allows users to clear their data and input new data. Though, when that's done, my table only shows the most recent (what was last entered) entry instead of all entries.

I am now totally confused. I think it is time for you to post a sanitized copy (no confidential data -- make it dummy) of your data base. Explain what you want to happen using the data base as an example. Tell us what your expected outcomes should be. Be sure to run a compact and repair before loading it to the site.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.