Mostiko is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

I can't add anymore items to drop down box

I don't not have much experience with data bases. I made a simple form for service calls with a drop down box for our "Customer" field. I edit the Customer drop down list as I enter new calls. I can no longer add new customers. Is there a limit set somewhere? Or maybe I mistakenly enabled some kind of protection?

alansidman is offline VIP
    How are you doing this? Are you going to the underlying table and adding items? Do you have a form bound to the undrlying table and making additions there? Help us to help you by telling us what you are doing.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    How are you doing this? Are you going to the underlying table and adding items? Do you have a form bound to the undrlying table and making additions there? Help us to help you by telling us what you are doing.

Alan
    I am sorry, I thank you for your patience ahead of time. This was my first attempt at doing this and feel a little intimidated about it. I created a table with fields for the customer names on a drop down list, service date field, technician names on a drop down list, problem description field, etc. When I make an entry I use a form. I edit the customer name list from the edit option at the bottom of the drop down list on the form. I was entering a new customer yesterday on the drop down list and it wouldn't save. I can type it in and choose "OK" but when I go back to the drop down, it isn't there. I have a least 30 names on the list so far. Maybe more. There will need to be about 10 or so more.

You could use a main form, a customer information form and a customer table.

Quote Originally Posted by Access_Blaster View Post
    You could use a main form, a customer information form and a customer table.
    Yes, after reading more information and looking at some examples I will try it. Which of course will lead to more questions! Thanks for your help.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Go to this link and scroll down to the section on combo boxes. Watch them and I think you will find them very helpful

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/AccessMain.htm

Alan

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.