Interista is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Problem with Menus

Hi,

I'm trying to design a simple database for assignment but I'm having problems creating a menu.

I have a problem with my menus. When I open properties, it won't give me the on click option in the properties window.

I've attached a screenshot to try to help you understand what I mean.

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Interista View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to design a simple database for assignment but I'm having problems creating a menu.

I have a problem with my menus. When I open properties, it won't give me the on click option in the properties window.

I've attached a screenshot to try to help you understand what I mean.
    This is because you are using an option group. The op group consist of a series of option boxes. Each represents an integer from one (1) to the number of option boxes you have in the option group. The After update event is in the frame that surrounds the option boxes

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
    This is because you are using an option group. The op group consist of a series of option boxes. Each represents an integer from one (1) to the number of option boxes you have in the option group. The After update event is in the frame that surrounds the option boxes
    Sorry, I don't understand. What should I be doing instead? I shouldn't be using option groups at all?

Sorry, I don't understand. What should I be doing instead? I shouldn't be using option groups at all?
    What are you trying to do?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
    What are you trying to do?
    I have a main menu macro which opens four other submenu macros which in turn open some other macros/forms/tables etc.

I want to create a form which will allow a user to click on the various options within a main macro which then opens the smaller ones etc.

I know I'm not explaining very well but I'm only a beginner at this stuff.

I was told that it should be easy to create forms using option groups, suboptions etc, which operate when user clicks mouse.

I have a main menu macro which opens four other submenu macros which in turn open some other macros/forms/tables etc.

I want to create a form which will allow a user to click on the various options within a main macro which then opens the smaller ones etc.

I know I'm not explaining very well but I'm only a beginner at this stuff.

I was told that it should be easy to create forms using option groups, suboptions etc, which operate when user clicks mouse.
    You can use the option group for what you are trying to achieve. I don't use macro, so I can't really give you specific instructions on how to go about this. However, as I stated, you can have multipal option check boxes in one option group. Each check box give you a integer value from one for the first check box. You would put your macro in the after update event of the option group frame and not the check box itself. Use the if/then macro to do this. My code would look something like this.

If Me.YourOpGroup = 1 then
    Do this (your event)
    Else
    Do this (your other event, etc)
    End if

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.