hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

What happened to my properties?

Among my DB forms is one which is opened with a DoCmd.OpenForm as either Edit or ReadOnly. The form and subforms as developed have property settings of dataentry=false, Edit=true,delete=true,additions=true.

If a user with appropriate authority logs in, the form and subforms should open with Edit privileges and have the properties described above. All other users will open the main form as ReadOnly. I'm not sure what that does to the property settings in the subforms.
    However, from time to time, when the DB is opened, the subform properties will all be set to false, i.e. no editing, no additions, deletions, or data entry. Once that happens, I have to open the subforms in design view and reedit and save the properties. Opening the form while signed in with authorization doesn't return the properties to the Edit mode.
    I just ran a test using openForm with Edit and then with ReadOnly and there wasn't any change in the property settings above in the main form of the test. I didn't try to extend the test to subforms.

Any guesses as to what I'm missing?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by hertfordkc; 11-12-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Omitted sentence

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are you allowing forms to be closed with the X button? Maybe the close is saving with revised property settings. I disable the X button and use custom button with code and I never have this issue:
    DoCmd.Close acform, Me.Name, acSaveNo
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.