Hi every one

This is my first post and was hoping somebody would be able to give me the advice I needed

I have a large table which is imported from Excel, it contains data on employees i.e. salary, department, division etc.

I have created a query that selects the various divisions and details the employees on there.

These queries are then exported to Excel and emailed to divisional managers. However I would like to create a procedure where Access further splits the query by department and have them on separate worksheets in the same Excel file

Eg the initial division query will select “Drinks” but there are different drinks departments ie. Tea, soft drinks etc. I would ideally like these to exported to an excel file, i.e. Drinks.xls, which will have worksheets containing tea,soft drinks etc.

Is this possible without creating numerous queries and how can I merge those queries to create a single excel spreadsheet for each division? The department and division structure changes continuously so changing the queries each time there is a change wouldn’t be practical. (I have a structure table set up where I can make organisation changes with relationship to the main data)

Secondly, I need to display totals at the top of the spreadsheet. I know Access has functionality to display totals at the bottom, but because of the way the business works it’s a core requirement to have the totals at the top of the spreadsheet

I am using Access 2010 and very little VBA experience

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance