smahdih is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

disable editing options

Dorod (Means hi)

i want when open an access file all edit options and navigation pane and toolbars are disable. how do it for a special file not every file ?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    In Access2010, click File > Options > Current Database, make choices as desired to not display navigation pane, ribbon, shortcut menus. These are project specific settings. You must hold the shift key down as project opens so you can have these features available. So anyone who is aware that shift key overrides these settings will still be able to get to the design objects. To enforce more stringent restrictions will require advanced measures, such as compiling the project to an mde, setting password accessibility. Measures I have never implemented.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

so i must implement a form for type user&pass

i created a table for store user's name and your passwords, and created a form for login. if user's name and your password is correct see a special form else if shows up a message and exit

how do it?

June7 is offline VIP
    I did not say you must have username/password but that it could be part of an advanced security setup. A username/password login form alone will not secure the project against the shift key trick.

Review these threads:
    http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...rd-399061.html
    http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...tc-324677.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

despite this if i want to implenet username/pass how can i do it?
    what event must be change?

June7 is offline VIP
    You could set that login form to open on default when the project opens. This is a setting on the Current Database properties panel.

Then have code in a button Click event that checks the username/password entries for validity.

Alternately, you can grab the username with VBA.Environ("USERNAME"), compare this to your list of authorized users and if valid, proceed to open working form or return message like "Access not authorized, see Administrator". I have a project that assumes if user logged into the network they are valid users. If it's their first time I will open login form and they enter initials. I create record for their username and initials and they never have to login again. We want initials to document who did what in various processes. It is not a security measure.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You could set that login form to open on default when the project opens. This is a setting on the Current Database properties panel.

Then have code in a button Click event that checks the username/password entries for validity.

Alternately, you can grab the username with VBA.Environ("USERNAME"), compare this to your list of authorized users and if valid, proceed to open working form or return message like "Access not authorized, see Administrator". I have a project that assumes if user logged into the network they are valid users. If it's their first time I will open login form and they enter initials. I create record for their username and initials and they never have to login again. We want initials to document who did what in various processes. It is not a security measure.
    sorry, i can't do this
    i dont know what type in onclick event buttom to check user/pass

can you create a sample?

Good to see

June7 is offline VIP
    The code is really simple VBA. One approach would be to use DLookup.

If DLookup("Username", "tablename", "Username='" & Me.username & "'") And DLookup("Password", "tablename", "Password='" & Me.password & "'") Then
    DoCmd.OpenForm "formname"
    Else
    MsgBox "Invalid Username/Password. Try again or see Administrator"
    End If

You need to learn elementary VBA. Search the Access Help for topic 'Introduction to Programming in Access'.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.