Vinod is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Visual Foxpro database Disappeared from ODBC

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with one of my Access application.I have been using this application without any hurdles till last month.However last month I used the "compact and repair" option since i got an "Invalid Argument" pop up while importing a dbf file.Well the problem goes below;

After doing the compact and repair,the option "Visual foxpro database" which previously used to appear in the Machine Data tab vanished!I use this option for importing a dbf file (large size) to access.The option is like
    Open Access-> go to tables->Click New->Imort Table->ODBC Databases(Files of type)->Machine Data Source
    Now the option "Visual foxpro database" is not appearing in the Machine Data Source tab without which I will not be able to import the dbf
    I work in a Citrix environment and the access application is accessible only via that.The access version is Access 2000

My onsite counterpart tried to restore the access application to some oldest working version.In the morning when i tried to import the option "Visual Foxpro Database" was there.However when i tried the same thing in the evening to the same application,that option disappeared.Strange!Has anyone faced a similar kind of problem before?

I am in a dilemma.I don't know how to import a dbf alternatively.Pls help
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Stingaway is offline Efficiency Junkie
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    The deep south. Keep going until you hit water basically.
    Has there been any upgrade to the system that would cause you to be looking at the 64bit ODBC driver vs. the 32 bit ODBC driver?

You might try looking for the 32 bit ODBC Administrator (ironically I believe it is found under System32/WOW64 or some bizarre directory of a similar name) running that and seeing if the link to your FP database is there, or if you can view it.

This is usually what happens when I see ODBC links just mysteriously vanish...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.