TahaSarhan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

combining reports

Hi folks,

How to combine two different reports in one report. The two reports are related through client's name and cycle.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Use subreports. Either one of these is the Master (main report) and one the Child (subreport) or both are Children.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Subreports are very nice idea. It worked but how can I get the summation of some fields to be displayed at the main report.

June7 is online now VIP
    Depends on your data and report structure. Just went through similar issue with another poster. My recommendation for that situation was for both main form and subform to have RecordSource that joined the same tables with same filter criteria. The main form would aggregate the data for grand total and subform did its own grouping/sorting/aggregate calcs.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have made a query that includes both data, But there were some data duplications. I am trying to stop the duplications of data

June7 is online now VIP
    Then possibly your structure does not accommodate that solution. Every attempt I have made to have main report refer to subreport summary data has failed. If it can be done, I haven't found the right syntax. Might need to use DSum function in textbox on main report. Do you want to provide project for analysis? You could make copy, remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if still large, attach to post.

Here it is

June7 is online now VIP
    You did not include the report/subreport in the project. There are two separate reports and they are very long. Are these the ones you want 'combined'. I was able to figure out the syntax for main report to get total from subreport. But why - the value shows on the subreport.

Why is there a command button on one of the reports?

Those are the two report I want to combine. The data are shown in the subreport but I need to have the summation and when details are needed I would go to the subreport.
    Also I want to difference between what is paid to what we owe them would be shown in the main report

June7 is online now VIP
    Here is how I reference total from subreport on main report.

1. Name the subreport container control different from the report it holds, like ctrPayments

2. In textbox ControlSource on main report footer: =Forms!mainformname!ctrPayments!subformtextboxname . I can't view your project now so don't have the actual names, replace accordingly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.