What is best way to reset/ close/ focus/ etc on a form-->subform1-->subform2 structure

For example Main Form is form Inspection where a user starts an inspection, the user initiates the new inspection or edits an existing inspection
-->subform 1 opens with all the current equipment items that have been inspected if in edit mode or at a new record to enter a piece of equipment (or if any pieces of equipment at same site for same client have been inspected before however this is a bit complicated so forget this for now)
-->subform 2 opens when a piece of equipment is selected to be added to the inspection or edited

I think my flow is working well with making the subforms hidden and then set to visible when appropriate however what I want to do is after the inspection is carried out on the piece of equipment I want to go back to subform1 and ask if user wants to inspect another piece than this should close subform 2, however if i just make it invisible when I choose to add another inspection it has the same values

I have tried a few different codes in areas such as on focus, on load, on click over my forms however nothing seems to work

And access does not like it when you close the forms either, also it can't go to new record when lost focus as the necessary values from subform1 have not been created yet

Thanks