Access Crashes When Wizards are Used

I am taking a college class and need to use Access 2007.

I recently installed Office 2007 Ultimate purchased from Digital River.

Whenever I use any of the wizards, Access 2007 crashes, even when I try to set Referential Integrity for table relationships.

All wizards seem to crash, queries, forms, reports, etc. All of the other office applications seem to work just fine.

I have Windows XP Professional SP3, on a Dell Dimension 8300 (five years old) with a P4 processor and 1 GB RAM.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Office 2007 SP1 & Hotfix

I installed Office 2007 Ultimate on April 12 and did all of the automatic updates. I looked and SP1 was installed that day.

I specifically checked for any updates related to KB Article 960307 and did not find anything.

In looking over the hotfix page linked in your message, it talks about subforms becoming blank or "Run-time error 2467 - The expression you entered does not exist." The page goes on to say to only install the hotfix if I am experiencing the problem described. Should I try to install this hotfix if I am not experiencing this described problem?

My problem is that when I try to start a wizard, or even try to edit a relationship (Double-click or right-click a relationship causes a crash), I get the dialog "Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I do have Visual Studio 2008 installed and I notice: Outlook 2007 crashes after you install a package that contains the .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 and the .NET Framework 2.0 with SP2 on an Exchange 2007 Client Access server.

In looking at my list of installed apps, I see a lot of .NET installations and updates.

I have WinXP SP3 and .Net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed but no Visual Studio and no problem like you have described. I did install the HotFix and see no down side. I'll have to leave it to you as to how to proceed.

Thanks. I will try the hotfix.

I also did a little more exploring and found this in the event logger...
    Faulting application msaccess.exe, version 12.0.6211.1000, stamp 46d4aa81, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0xffff0bb9.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

I also found quite a few messages basically like this one:
    ID: 2, Application Name: Microsoft Office Access, Application Version: 12.0.6211.1000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.6215.1000. This session lasted 38 seconds with 0 seconds of active time. This session ended with a crash.

If it is safe to do so, I might try uninstalling Visual Studio 2008 and see if it makes any difference. You can always install it again, right? The event logs are just recording the crash with little help to resolve.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.