Trojnfn is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Auto Format question

I am in the design view screen. I then click on the Arrange tab at the top and then go to AutoFormat.

I started playing around with the various combinations to see which one I like. I just click but all it seems to do is to change the background color of the form header to the one selected. It does not seem to put in any lines, circles, etc,.

Do I need to do something else to make this work, or is it just clicking ? What am I doing wrong ?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You must select the parts you want affected by the chosen format. Select the form/report and all parts will affected. Select the Detail section and everything in the section will be affected. Select a single texbox and only it will be affected. I do see lines with those formats that incorporate them. Don't see any with circles or other graphics. Apparently, the formats that show some fancy graphics in the header aren't really available, just there for effect.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You must select the parts you want affected by the chosen format. Select the form/report and all parts will affected. Select the Detail section and everything in the section will be affected. Select a single texbox and only it will be affected. I do see lines with those formats that incorporate them. Don't see any with circles or other graphics. Apparently, the formats that show some fancy graphics in the header aren't really available, just there for effect.
    How do you select the entire form so that the format applies ? Just click and drag ? All that does is highlight the text field boxes.

June7 is offline VIP
    Click in the box at the upper left corner of form or report, next to the ruler. If you see a black square, then the form is selected. Another way is from the Property Sheet drop list.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Click in the box at the upper left corner of form or report, next to the ruler. If you see a black square, then the form is selected. Another way is from the Property Sheet drop list.
    Thanks, that seemed to work. The box already had a black sqare inside and I just applied the format that I wanted. I just had to realign some stuff and change some property settings, seems to have overridden them. But one thing that I notice is that my origina form width fit my screen perfectly and there were not scroll bars, horizontal or vertical. With the format applied, it stretched the screen and put in both scrool bars. In form view, I tried to drag the right side back in to make the width smaller but it just automatically goes back. Does the format do that ?

June7 is offline VIP
    Unexpected behaviors is reason I don't use templates and wizards.

Usually, problems with resizing a form/report is because there is a control sitting beyond the limit you want. Something (a line, textbox, etc) might have to be resized or moved first. Look at the controls in the header.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Unexpected behaviors is reason I don't use templates and wizards.

Usually, problems with resizing a form/report is because there is a control sitting beyond the limit you want. Something (a line, textbox, etc) might have to be resized or moved first. Look at the controls in the header.
    Prior to applying the format, my form fits the screen exactly so there is no scroll bar and the width is 10 in the forms control. When I apply the format, it makes the with 15 and when I drag it back, or go to forms control to change it back to 10, it automatically goes back to 15.

June7 is offline VIP
    Then can't explain because can't replicate the issue. If you want to provide project I will look it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.