Jinxedcookie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Question Saving Multiple Images to Form using a filepath

Firstly I am so sorry to post this, but I have tried with 4 or 5 different bits of code to achieve what I want, but I am new to VBA and have no clue to what I am doing. I want to insert up to 3 pictures from their filepaths that has been got through a dialog window. I have managed to put in a Add Photo button that opens the API and enters a filepath into a field called memPhoto1.
    I have tried to use the filepath to open a picture in a bound, then unbound, then image frame with various pieces of code but it fails to produce the picture of the filepath. I have checked that naming is correct in the code, but really do not understand it to troubleshoot further.

I would really appreciate it if you could take me through in baby steps to getting the photo on the page (do I use Afterevent on the filepath field?) and would really love it if I can have 3 photos on the same page with their own individual Add Photo buttons and filepaths. By the way the majority of the pictures are jpg and also it would be good if the picture frame showed the whole image and not just a zoomed in portion that I get at the moment if I just add a picture. I am using either Access 2003 or Access 2007.

Please, please do not just refer me elsewhere, I truly have tried all the links I have found in the forum so far

Thank you so much for your time

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Need more info.

What image types (file extension)? You are storing the file paths in 3 fields of a table for dyanmic display with records? Or do you want to embed static images on the form?

Can you provide the project for analysis?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Jinxedcookie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Re: More info

Thanks
    The files are mostly .jpg. I did not want to embed the photos if that means it is going to increase the database size massively, I think I want a dynamic display so that the pictures are kept separately. The database may move to another computer so something that keeps the filepath valid would be a benefit.

I cannot currently upload the database due to a site error, I will do so as soon as possible

Thanks again
    Last edited by Jinxedcookie; 09-26-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: unable to attach file

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Embedding images does increase file size. If these are images associated with records, such as employee photos and you have a lot of employees, then probably do not want them saved in the project record. If these are just images for aesthetic purpose, such as a logo, then embedding a few might not make the file unmanageably large. You might want to resample the image file to downsize it (lower its resolution).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.