edupi is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Share a database over the Internet

Good Morning.

I just created a pretty simple database to manage our clients details and now I need to allow our offices in Colombia and Nepal to access the database, add clients and edit current clients details.

As I'm a beginner in working with access I have no idea how to do this, or if it is possible at all. I've been reading some Access books but I haven't found any information on how to share a Database over the Internet and allow users to login and manage the database.

If someone knows a way of doing this I would really appreciate it! we really need to start using this.

One more question:

1. We also have a sort of Contract in a word document for our clients to sign, the word document containts around 4 pages and we need to print the contracts with each client's name and also with how much they are gonna be charged, and how they are planning on paying us. All these details are in the Access database, but I don't know how to link the Name, Costs fields in word to be filled with the details from the database... is this possible whatsoever?

Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

German D Salamanca

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Using the internet is a lot more complicated than you are giving it credit for. There are security and performance issues that need to be resolved. A LAN runs up to 100 times faster than the internet. A Terminal Services product like Citrix may resolve both of these issues but I have no experience with it.

edupi is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

the contract

Hi, thanks for writing back, I know it most be very difficult... I'm reading a tutorial on it and have to wait to see how it goes.

about the Contract we need to fill out:

the director here just want to be able to click a button on access and that after clicking that button (on each client) it opens the whole report (the contract) with the client's info on it (that contract is currently in a word format and it's got 4 pages). Is it possible to create a Report in Access that containts about 4 pages? I've heard that it is not possible. If it is possible I can just type in the Contract and have access to fill the client's info on each one.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

German Salamanca

Maybe Albert Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge is what you are looking for.

edupi is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi RuralGuy,

Man, thanks a lot for the link! that was exactly what I was looking for.

I FINALLY DID IT! man you helped me a big time here and I really appreciate it.

Cheers!

German Salamanca

Excellent! Glad I could help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.