cin324 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Autofill Field based on other combobox field

I have a field that needs to be the exact duplicate of another field on a form, but this field must also be stored in the table.

Combobox39PantSize1 (Field name is PantSize1)
    This field uses another table to pull the data to select the pant size. This needs to be the same for field PantSize2 and keep this data in the table that the form is based on.

I can get the data to populate but it doesn't transfer it to the table. I need to create reports showing both fields in order to track if both pants have been put into the package for the customer. Each pair of pants need to have a checkmark on the report to reflect both have been put into the package.

Using checkboxes will be my next question, but for now I need to get this autofill taken care of.

Thanks!

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    I think I understand what you are trying to do, but there are still things that are unclear.

Are the two fields in different tables?
    What are the names of the controls, fields and tables?
    If the fields are in different tables, how are the tables related? ie, how do you find the matching record in each table?

cin324 is offline Novice
    Both fields are on the same table and same form... There are several other fields that I need to use for duplicates too, but I figured once I get an answer for the PantSize I can use it for TopSize, PJSize, etc. This database is for a non-profit organization that helps provide Christmas gifts for families in the community.

FamilyMembers.PantSize1 (text field)
    FamilyMembers.PantSize2 (text field)

On the Form: PantSize1 is a combobox looking at another table for the sizes of pants. PantSize2 is a Text field on the form, this needs to be the same text as PantSize1 on the form and store that text on the table field.

I then need to run reports showing the two fields so that people can place a check mark to the items that have been filled from a stockpile of clothes and be able to see what has not been filled (items without a checkmark).

Checkboxes are on the same form to indicate which items have been filled. I'm using another report to look at the checkbox as to whether or not both, one or none of the pantsizes need to appear on the report. This report is used as a shopping list for purchasing items.

Thanks!

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cin324 View Post
    Both fields are on the same table and same form... There are several other fields that I need to use for duplicates too, but I figured once I get an answer for the PantSize I can use it for TopSize, PJSize, etc. This database is for a non-profit organization that helps provide Christmas gifts for families in the community.

FamilyMembers.PantSize1 (text field)
    FamilyMembers.PantSize2 (text field)

On the Form: PantSize1 is a combobox looking at another table for the sizes of pants. PantSize2 is a Text field on the form, this needs to be the same text as PantSize1 on the form and store that text on the table field.

I then need to run reports showing the two fields so that people can place a check mark to the items that have been filled from a stockpile of clothes and be able to see what has not been filled (items without a checkmark).

Checkboxes are on the same form to indicate which items have been filled. I'm using another report to look at the checkbox as to whether or not both, one or none of the pantsizes need to appear on the report. This report is used as a shopping list for purchasing items.

Thanks!

If PantSize1 & PantSize2 are always going to be the same, can't you bind the two controls to the same field? When you select a size in the combo box for PantSize1, then the text box for PantSize2 will display the same data.

You can do the same for the reports.

Is it possible to post your mdb?

cin324 is offline Novice
    Most of the time both fields will be the same, sometimes the 2nd field will need to have "N/A".

How do I bind the two controls to the same field? Also, can they be bound if there are times when the 2nd field will not be the same?

cin324 is offline Novice

Unhappy

For some reason I'm not able to attach my database

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.