boundfree is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Beginner needs form/subform help

Hello

I need some help with setting up a magic form that will make the work easy!

If you look at the relationships picture, you will see I have a many-to-many relationship between tblSculptures and tblPurchaseOrders with the intermediate table tblPurchaseOrderDetail.

I want the form to be centred on the Purchase Orders, so that I can look at my purchase order and see all the sculptures that are associated with it in a subform.

Where it gets complicated for me is the fact that I first have to select the sculpture title, which gives me the autonumber titleID, and with that, select a sculpture number (each sculpture has a specific reference number that cannot be changed which is the edition number) and this gives me the sculptureID, which is entered into the intermediate table.

At the moment I can only get the subform in the purchase order table to show me the the Purchase Order Detail autonumber and the sculpture Autonumber, which is obviously gibberish to me being a mere human.

For the form to work I need to be able to go into my PuchaseOrder form and in the subform have two combo boxes, one for the title, and one for the sculpture number - and I need the sculpture number combo to update according to what I choose as my title.
    I also need to be able to input a new title or a new sculpture number from this form if needs be.

I have seen some tutorials on subforms and the like but I just cannot seem to get this to work, I do not have experience with VBA so if this is necessary I would appreciate instructions!!

Thanks

Boundfree

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You can put a hidden TextBoxe on the MainForm that is bound to the PrimaryKey of a SubForm and then use this hidden TextBox as the MasterLinkField of the other SubForm. Selecting a record in the 1st SubForm then changes the link and changes what is displayed in the 2nd SubForm.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.