ophirw is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

duplicate tables in relationship view again

Hi. I have built a 5 table DB with forms for updating information in the tables, Queries & Reports.
    At the last Query I made I used 3 sub queries that had no relationship between them but they all had the same key so i made a relationship between the three queries & since then my DB was duplicated in the relationship view. I have tried to delete the duplicates & the relationships but it still comes back.

I want to know what caused this at the 1st place in order to avoid in the future.

any ideas what causes this & how to fix it?

June7 is offline VIP
    Can you provide the project for analaysis? Run Compact & Repair, zip if still large, attach to post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ophirw is offline Novice
    Attached is the DB file I have made.
    I do not understand why I have duplicate tables in the relationship view & how to solve this.
    I read that it doesn't harm the DB but I really want to know how to fix it & what not to do in the future.

thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Probably has something to do with using compound primary keys. I have never set up project with compound keys.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ophirw is offline Novice
    do you mean multiple primary keys in a single table?
    for over a week it worked fine with multiple primary keys (& theoretically it fine), it all went haywire when I connected 3 queries in the relationship view.
    I have tried to delete all relationships, all tables, only the relationships between the queries but nothing fixed it.

June7 is offline VIP
    There aren't any queries in the Relationships editor now. Which 3 queries triggered this?

ophirw is offline Novice
    The queries don't appear when you open the relationship view.
    press the "clear layout" to clear the relationship view & then open the queries:
    - For report hour month report
    - Query number of days for each worker
    - Query DetailedClassesWorked

ophirw is offline Novice
    Does any one have any Idea why Access duplicates tables in the relationship view?
    How can I avoid/fix this?

June7 is offline VIP
    Can't 'fix' and shouldn't. Not only are there compound keys but multiple relationships with the same table. EmployeeDetails primary key is included as part of a compound primary key in 4 tables. The relationship viewer is trying to display all the relationships. This means displaying the EmployeeDetails table more than once. Same goes for ClassType and InstructorSalary. I don't think this is an issue to be concerned about. A lot of developers don't even bother setting Relationships because users are not working directly with tables/queries and not modifying design.

ophirw is offline Novice
    Thanks, though I still don't understand it.
    The duplications occurred long after all tables where set (and most of the queries). for some time the view was fine with just the five tables & direct relationships I have defined.

Thread closed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.