Sa'El is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Query Issues: Multiplied Results

Hello everyone. I am a newbie when it comes to Access and I am creating a db as my experience is based off of schoolwork. Anyway, attached are the relationships for my tables.

This is a db that contains information about our cardiovascular physicians, the facilities they work, the specialties they provide, and the conditions/symptoms they serve. There are a few many-many that I had to deal with and I think that's right, but to explain further, here's what they are:
    • A Facility will house multiple Physicians. A Physician may serve in multiple locations
    • A Physician may provide many specialties. A specialty is provided by many Physicians
    • A facility will have multiple days of operations and multiple times (and whatever the vice versa of that would be ).
    So my Issues are with the Queries, and as such the reports. When I try to put the results together, as in to create a master list, I have a listing of literally over 62,000 records although no one table has over 100 records.

As I look at the Query results, it's multiplicative. I am thinking it may be an issue with how its joining, but I am at a loss to fix it. I guess the first thing I should confirm from you all is my table design and their relationshps, and then how I'm able to have desired results with my Queries/Reports. I'll do whatever it takes to make it right, even if it is starting over, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sa'El is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Nevermind, the issue was that I didn't have all the applicable tables active in the query...kinda boneheaded, but that's how you learn sometimes.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.