mm07nkb is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation Modal Form Operator

Hi,

I have seen the Sales Reports Dialog Form on Northwind 2007 database and I want to replicate this for my reports on my Recruitment Database.

In the modal I would like a list of all my reports where the 'select sales report' is.

Underneath that I would like the same filter but for my 'business unit' in place of the "Sales items" list.

Instead of the 'select sales period' section I want two unbound Text boxes. One for start date and one for end date so people can select the time period for the reports.

I then want a button underneath to 'run report', this button needs to run the report highlighted in the first box, with the business unit highlighted in the filter, between the dates chosen in the unbound boxes.

Thanks for the help!!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Sites like this work best when you present a specific problem. It sounds like Northwind has given you a framework to start from, which you just need to modify to your needs. Which specific part are you having trouble with?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Having looked into this further, I have set up a modal form with a list box which detail my report titles, these are unbound and i need to find a way to link these to the reports themselves.

I also have unbound text boxes titled 'txtstartdate' and 'txtenddate' where required the start and end date for the query is sourced from here. Where not I will use conditional formatting to grey scale these boxes.

I also have a button to run the reports but I want it to run only the highlighted report in the list.

Hope anyone can help im new to access sorry for previous long post!!

Windows XP Access 2007
    If you want to list reports in a listbox, have 2 columns. One has a user friendly name, the other has the actual report name. The actual name should be the bound column but can be hidden. Then this will open the selected report:

DoCmd.OpenReport Me.ListBoxName
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I have created a table with 2 columns, one with a user friendly name and one with a report name. I have then linked my list box to this table and bound the report name column.

I have tried putting DoCmd.OpenReport Me.ListBoxName in the code builder of my button and it just freezes the list and does not let me select a certain report from the list?

Windows XP Access 2007
    If you can't choose an item, I'd guess that the form or the listbox is read-only, locked, etc. Can you post the db if you don't spot the problem?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.