LaPixie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Red face 2 Queries on one Date Field

I am hoping you can help me.

I should begin by saying that I am very green at this, so I need clear instructions if you can help me with this.

I have a table with a colum called creation date and lots of dates going all the way back to 2005 are in that column

In the column next to creation date is a column with dollar values.

I want my report to have a Carry Forward field and I need my query to add up all the values related to the creation dates column and if the date is before say today, then add up those values that correspond with the creation dates and put in a field called carry forward and if those dates are past today, then leave them itemized on the report and summarized and totaled only those values with a creation date past today. . but the carry forward field is a summary value of the creation dates before today.

So the report will show all of the dates past a certain date and totaled. And in the header section a box called Carry Forward and the summarized amount will represent all the values from prior dates in the Creation Dates field.

Can a parameter query be used so the user can key in the date they want the data to be since that date and therefore, anything before that be summarized in the Carry Forward field on the report.

i think i have to use the criteria portion of my query??

s.o.s. I hope that made sense.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    See if this recent thread gives you some ideas https://www.accessforums.net/queries...ear-16443.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.