hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

SubForm not refreshing

I have a subform, ctrYearlySubForm, that contains a combo box called yearcmb. This combo box is where the year is determined. I have another subform,CtrDemandJanuarysubForm, based on a query that uses the yearcmb as a criteria for the Year. In the criteria section I used, [Forms]![Main].[ctrYearlySubForm].[Form].[Yearcmb] and my main form is called Main. I also added [Forms]![Main].[Form]![CtrDemandJanuarysubForm].Requery to the VBA code for the Year sub form. Unfortunately, the CtrDemandJanuarysubForm does not refresh after changing the Yearcmb. I can only get it to work if I enter in something that doesnt exist in the criteria and manually enter in the year. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Try this:

Forms!Main!ctrYearlySubForm!Yearcmb.requery to requery the combobox values on the subform itself. (I would put this in the OnAfterUpdate event)

hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Unfortunately, I already had that, it seems to be requerying correctly but I must be referencing the combo boxes incorrectly. I have another combo box called Namescmb in the Main form and then the yearcmb as well. The namescmb grabs the full name of the feeder in STATICtble. NameId is the ID for the full name in STATICtble and is related to the Month-Year table, location where the information is, by Name2ID. The criteria i set for Name2ID is: [Forms]![Main]![Namescmb]=[Month-Year].[Name2ID] . I am wondering if I can use Name2ID even though it does not technically match up with Name2ID. Then the criteria for YearRecorded is: [Forms]![Main].[ctrYearlySubForm].[Form].[Yearcmb] .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.