gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

White Space at end of Report before Page Number?!?

I have two reports that were created one from the other (same information for the most part with a few changes to the copied one). On one of them, when I view the Report (Not Print Preview), there is a HUGE amount of white space between the last record and the Page Number. On the copied report, there is no white space between the last record and the page number.

Has anyone seen this and possibly know how to correct it? It doesn't affect the printing of the report, but when a user is looking at the report in Access, they can see the white space and I have been asked why it is doing that (really annoying).

I have compared all the Detail, Header and Footer properties and could not identify any differences that may contribute to this.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    check your margins too, if you modified the report even a little and you've gone wider than the original report you'll end up with blank pages. I haven't ever run across a case where what was showing in the print preview was different than the what actually showed up after printing though.

rpeare, the margins are the same in both reports. The Print Preview and what prints after are the same, the problem is on the Report View. At the bottom of the report on the Report View is where the white space is. Any other thoughts?

It is weird since the report prints fine and looks fine in Print Preview, but when just viewing the report in Access it is messed up.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Post a screenshot (upload it here, not to a photo sharing site) of the report in design view so we can see exactly what you have it set up like.

Bob, Attached is a screen shot of the report in design mode ...

By the way, there are two sub reports in this report that are in the middle of the detail section ...
    Last edited by gopherking; 08-12-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: forgot something ...

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    put a border around your subreports, I bet that's what's blowing it up. Check the detail sections of your subreports. If you look at the subreports alone are you getting a huge blank space or are you getting an expected set of data?

edit: I said put a border around your subreports mainly so you could see where the blank space is coming from whether it be the main report or the subreports, with a border it'll be easy to tell

rpeare, both of the sub reports already have borders (I didn't realize they did, but good suggestion). Also, on the subreports they do not have any white space on them between the last records and the page footers, only on this report. Also, the data is as expected when it is viewed.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Try changing the data source of the report that does NOT work to that of the one that DOES work (I'm assuming they are nearly identical information so it shouldn't be too painful) and see if you can see the results without the whitespace. How many records are there in the recordset that is running the main portion of this report, is it just one record or are there a lot of them?

rpeare, the data source for both reports was identical, but your last post gave me an idea, which has resolved the issue.

What I had to do was delete the subreport controls from the report and then add them back in again. This was a little painful to reorganize and make sure all my calculations linked back up, but it did completely eliminate the white space between the last record and the page footer in the Report View.

Thanks for giving me suggestions and ideas of what to try ... now I know what will resolve this in the future.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.