mraxl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Form Data Display

I have a data entry form referencing a Customer table. It includes a subform referencing Invoices. There are hundreds of customers, many are repeat customers.

The only way I have to determine if the new invoice to be entered is for a customer who is already in the database or to view a particular customer's data is to increment thru all customers, one at a time, using the selector bar at the bottom of the form.

I would like to be able to enter a CustomerID key (not auto numbered) in the CustomerID form field and have all fields on the form to fill in from that existing key if it exists.

If I try that now, it returns an error saying duplicate fields are not allowed without changing any fields in the Customer form. However, correct info is shown in the Invoice subform.

How can I accomplish this task?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What you want is a combobox in the header of the form. When you do the install of this - the wizard will pop up a choice - and you want to select the choice to go to a record.

If you have an Access textbook, easily found at Amazon or any large bookstore - it will cover this feature.

Hope it helps.

mraxl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Thanks...
    You post led me to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287658 where details provided solved the problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.