Tari is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unhappy Report suddently spits out "Type mismatch"

Hey,

a report of mine suddently spits out "Type mismatch in expression" and I have no idea how to find the reason of the error.

The related query brings up the same error. I didn't create the query myself, it was somebody here helping me. Code for the query looks like this:

SELECT RTP.*, [Order Details].*, Employees.*, Suppliers.*, Department.Department AS dept, [GL Code].GLCode AS GLCDE
    FROM [GL Code] INNER JOIN (Employees INNER JOIN (Department INNER JOIN (Suppliers INNER JOIN (RTP INNER JOIN [Order Details] ON RTP.OrderID=[Order Details].[RTP Number]) ON Suppliers.CustomerID=RTP.CustomerID) ON Department.DepartmentID=[Order Details].Department) ON Employees.EmployeeID=RTP.EmployeeID) ON [GL Code].GLCodeID=[Order Details].[GL Code];

It pulls information from several tables. So I had a look at the tables and I could not see anything that is out of line. It does not only happen with new records, but with old ones too.

Where can I start?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    so a type mismatch is trying join a text field with a number field in example...

it means that we probably will not see a flaw in the syntax of the query ....what you need to do is look at the table definition of each of those fields named...and see if any pair joined are differring data type.

hope it helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.