marksnwv is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2002

Totals Again

I am using Access 2002 and I am having problems getting a monthly and yearly total on a Report. My Report Has a Field called (NumWkd) and (DateWkd) The report information is taken from a query. In the reoprt footer I sum all of my data. The problem I am having is one total is for the current month. The second total is year to date. If I put BETWEEN (#06/01/2011#) AND (#06/30/2001#) as a criteria for DateWkd I only get June totals which is fine for the Monthly totals. When I try to get Yearly totals I can only get Junes totals. If I leave out the BETWEEN statement then I only get yearly totals and not monthly totals.

I have only been using Access for a short period and I am an old man. Please be simple in your explanation if you are offering help.

Thank you

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    the data available to the report can't please 2 masters.... it is either a month or a year...but can't be both. right?...

so instead make your report have a sub-report. have the main report be one - let's say the month....and have your sub-report be the other i.e. the year.

from one old man to another....

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    No, you can have both monthly and yearly summary data on a report, assuming your base query has the data you need to summarize. If it doesn't you'll probably need a sub-report. Without seeing the structure of your queries and report it'd be hard to say how you can accomplish what you want though. Is there a chance you can post a sample database (fake data or at least sanitized so you don't give anything away).

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.