Danzig is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Input data into form to reflect on table?

Hi,

Is there a way to input data into a form, and make it reflect onto the table? The only way I can get data to reflect is the other way around (input into table & reflect onto form). Do I need to change something? Or is this not possible?

My database is used for telemarketing, and there are too many fields to work off the table, so I am trying by all means to work off of the form.

I could hide the fields in the table to shorten it, but would rather call directly off of the form, and use the table for imports only. Am I going about this the wrong way?

Any ideas would be more than appreciated.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If your form is bound to the table then all inputs made in the form should be reflected directly into the table. Is it possible that your form is not bound to a table but the record source is a query?

Alan

Danzig is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    My Form is bound to the table. I have not made any queries yet. It is just the backbone of the db. For some reason I can input data in the table to form, but not form to table...? And, I don't know what I did, but the emailclient button that worked before I changed "status" table I had for dispos (combo box) no longer works (greyed out). I had a macro running , and now it wont run, and the data type has not changed. I am getting a bit off topic, but trying to give you any ideas on if I messed something up. Access can get very annoying when you start getting error msgs...

Maybe I try to recreate the macro for the button?

Not sure what to do besides just work from the table, and then send my clients a word doc with an attachment of the form.

Do you have any other ideas on what I may have wiggled loose?

Oh and the emailclient button is not greyed out until I enable trust for the source, which I found the right code for, and hasent changed since.

Anything you could do would be great.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I would suggest you sanitize your db for confidential information. Perform a Compact and Repair and post it to this forum so that we can examine it and help determine your ailments.

Alan

Danzig is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I just solved the problem, its that there had to be a status other than the default in order to activate the email click macro.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the feedback!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.