arcademonkey is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 97

properties window disappeared

Hi all,

I am using Access 97 on my Windows 7 64bit machine. I recently installed it and everything has been going fine until today, when I opened the project I have been working on and I can't find the properties window! For example, when I am in design view of one of my forms, I'll right click on a control and it choose "Properties" but the window doesn't show up anywhere. When the right click menu is showing, the "Properties" option will change from selected to unselected (by the option looking recessed when it is "on") but for the life of me I can't find the window anywhere. I was thinking it got pushed off screen but there are no scroll bars on the main access window showing anything is off screen. I tried re-installing Access too but that didn't help. Has this happened to anyone before? Any suggestions as to how I can get it showing again. It's kind of hard to do much without it!

Thanks!!!

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If I remember Access 97 correctly there should be a Center all windows, try that...

arcademonkey is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 97
    Thanks for that suggestion. I tried using all the window alignment options in the main menu but that didn't do it either. Arrhhhhgg!!! So frustrating...

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Does it do that for all databases or just the one? If for all, I'm just wondering if it is a problem with trying to run Access 97 on a 64 bit Windows 7 installation. Not only is Access 97 not supported anymore by Microsoft, but there may be things that are working against you because of that. My suggestion is to install using Virtual XP if your computer can handle it.

toffer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    For me i just remove all the entries under this regedit but i hve in ms access 2007..
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\A ccess\Settings\CommandBar*s
    "ASCB1107"
    "ASCB2071"

and restart the ms access then there go it appear again.. but be better to export the
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\A ccess\Settings\CommandBar*s
    before removing "ASCB1107" & "ASCB2071" in the entrie so if something goes wrong on your access you could back it again.

after removing the entries it will reproduce again a new entries ASCB1107

hope this may help and Goodluck.. coz it work for me.. hope you understand my English hehehehehehehe..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.