gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Empty Sub-Report doesn't Print

I have a report that has two sub-reports on it. Occasionally, one of the sub-reports may have no records in it and it doesn't print that sub-report (even just the headers/footers). I would like for the sub-report to print no matter if there are no records, but can't seem to find any properties that would ensure this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this possible?

I have thought of creating the Header/Footer on the Report just above the Sub-Report, but that is a real pain to line everything up and am hoping there is a simple solution.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Take a look at the query (the RecordSource of the subreport) and change the JOIN type. It sounds like it needs a RIGHT JOIN but without see the query I can be sure.

The query for the subreport is looking at a single query only, there are no joins at that point. Within the Query that it is looking at, there are right joins within it. The strange thing is that when I do a print preview on the subquery on it's own, I can see a blank record and am able to see the headers. But they still don't show up on the main report when previewed or printed.

Have you checked the subreports settings? Is the subreport or section set to Can Shrink = Yes? Is there some code behind the report that might be affecting that subreport?

Yep, checked the subreport settings and there are none that refer to Can Shrink or that may affect printing (from what I could deduce). Also, their is no code behind either of the reports that could affect the subreport.

Can you post the database?

Sorry for the delayed response, but I cannot post the DB unfortunately. I was able to find online that there is no way to force a subreport to print if there is no data in it. The only means is to create your headers in the main report and if there are no records in the sub report, then nothing is displayed beneath them. The other alternative is to setup some sort of check to see if there are any records in the subreport, and if not, then where the subreport should appear on the main report, display a message of "Zero Records Found" or any other message to your liking. Thanks for trying though!

Just in case anyone else can use this, I found this same issue explained on another forum at the page below:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Rep...-t1959949.html

The only thing to keep in mind is that in order for this to work, you need to have a Master and Child field link between the Main Report and the Sub Report. Unfortunately for me, since my report doesn't require a Master Child link, it won't work for me ... Good luck to those who find this ...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.