hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Multi Criteria Query

I have a query that has a list of names and another field that has the month that each name was recorded, 1-12. So there could be a row for Name1 and month 1 and another row for Name1 and month 2. Some of the names have recordings for all the months and others only have as little as 1. I want to have a table that has months 1,4, 7, and 10 for each name but because some of the months are not recorded I want to have a criteria that allows there to be a range and to pick the smallest of that range, say for 1 it could go to 3 but would like 1 if possible. I have been able to make the range but I havent been able to get the smallest of that range for a given name. I can run this query 4 times if needed. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Similar question, I have the list of all the feeder names (there are duplicates) and then another of dates and then other columns. I was wondering when I create a query and do the summation symbol, minimum, and put in the criteria, Between #4-1-2010# and #6-30-2010#, there is no output because there is no name that the overall minimum value does not begin in April. It takes the overall minimums and only shows the overall minimum for that feeder that are in the designated range. I was wondering how instead of doing the overall minimum it is the minimum in a specific range. So it would check 4-1-2010 through 6-30-2010 and only show the minimum values for that range. Also when I put in #1-1-2010# or any date it puts in '#1-1-2010#' and then does not work, I was wondering how to fix that as well. I can do it by splitting up the months by sections but I would like a easier way to solve this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.