srcacuser is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Help with form/subform

I'm a noob, so thanks in adavance for your patience.

I only have one table in my DB. I have a main form linked to that table.
    On that main form I have a subform datasheet at the bottom. When searching for a record, (DWG_NUM), the subform reports all the instances of that number. This includes all revisions (REV). Fields on the main form are displaying the latest (sorted by date) record.

My main form shows no. x out of all the records.

I need to be able to scroll through revisions after having seen them
    together on the subform.

Is there a way to select a record from the subform somehow and have the refresh the main form? I'm guessing a datasheet needs to be a list box with record selectors?

I have a attached a pic of this inherited db.

Thanks,
    Martin

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How can you have a subform if there is only one table? Is this really a split form? Is the main form really bound to the table or is it just for selecting search criteria? Can you make project available for analysis. Attach to post or upload to fileshare site such as box.net and post link to file. Run Compact & Repair first.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

srcacuser is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Here you go. The idea was to have a global search form, narrowing down to (EDR button) the actual form. And all of it's revisions would be accessible from there.

Thanks again.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    For starters, you have 8 tables (not counting the hidden system tables) in the db, not just 1.
    The idea was to have a global search form, narrowing down to (EDR button) the actual form. And all of it's revisions would be accessible from there.
    Don't understand this statement. You have two buttons that refer to 'EDR'. What do you mean by 'narrowing down to'? What is 'it' - EDR?

I have never seen a form/subform where both forms are bound to the same data source and I have never tried to control record display on main form by choice in subform. You might explore the new Split form introduced in Access 2007. It was designed for this situation. I don't really like the Split form and have avoided it but it might be best for your needs.

There is VBA code for buttons that don't exist, not a problem for the project, just confused me for a minute. Then I realized there is mixture of VBA and macros. I use only VBA.

Is this db somehow protected? I am not able to access the table links. The tables are greyed out and I can't modify the link paths. Therefore, I cannot test. I might be able to import objects to a new project and set up links, will have to try later.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.