brc is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Connected Listboxes

I have a report that I am trying to create that is a monthly financial statement for Property. I am trying to display the applicable expenses with what was spent. I have one listbox listing all the names of the expenses that have been incurred in the current year. So as different expenses are added the list get's longer. now in a another listbox I have the corresponding values for each of types of expenses year to date. Those two are no problem. What i need help with is the listbox that displays the current months expenses. When I display it since not every expense is being incurred this month the values don't line up. I've attached a photo to better describe what I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated. I've banging my head trying to figure this one out.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Need a record for each account, even if it is a dummy with no data. One way is to have a record in table for each account for every month of every year. Another way is a table of accounts that can be included in the MTD listbox RowSource query by join. Jointype would be 'show all records from Accounts ...". Show the RowSource SQL statement for analysis.
    Last edited by June7; 07-08-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

brc is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Actually I figured it out late last night. The problem was I was joining my Tables/Queries by property address when i was needing to join them by expense name. Once I right joined by expense name it displayed all the expense names with corresponding value for that month displaying nothing if there wasn't anything for that current month.

Thanks for the reply

Brent

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.