krutoigoga is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Sum of entries from seperate tables/queries

Hi I'm trying to get a query to show me the SUM of entries in various fields from 2 tables/queries and compare them on a single report (line graph).
    I have created a query for each 2 tables (sum in the query summary).
    I was unsuccessful in creating a union query.
    Attached is the database - Can someone please suggest how to combine these two tables into a union query.
    Thank you.
    G.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The UNION query on tables is fine.

You want to UNION the two Select queries? I think you want to join them so the gc SumOfPoints field becomes another field for the months. Since DRV_F Sum has all the month/year values, make the jointype 'show all records from DRV_F ...'. If it is possible for one table to have month/year that the other table doesn't, will need another table/query of all possible month/year values to join the two Sum queries to. This could be done by a Union query of the two tables to capture all possible month/year, only the date field would be in the Union.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The UNION query on tables is fine.

You want to UNION the two Select queries? I think you want to join them so the gc SumOfPoints field becomes another field for the months. Since DRV_F Sum has all the month/year values, make the jointype 'show all records from DRV_F ...'. If it is possible for one table to have month/year that the other table doesn't, will need another table/query of all possible month/year values to join the two Sum queries to. This could be done by a Union query of the two tables to capture all possible month/year, only the date field would be in the Union.
    Alas .. my attempts have been unsuccessful.
    I'm trying to draw data from 2 tables. DRV_F has 10 fields with numeric values, which are entered daily. Values can be 1, 5, 10 or 50.
    Table gc has 1 filed with the same numeric values, also entered daily.
    I'm trying to retrieve a sum of each field in table DRV_F and compare to gc - individually and as a group (sum of all DRV_F fields compared to gc on a graph).
    You helped me with count - which was awesome, now im trying to drill down further.

I am able to get sum of individual foelds from DRV_F and compare to the "points" field in the GC table.
    I still have not been able to combine all of the fields in DRV_F and comapre to "points" in GC.
    I cannot figure out the cross tab query.

Found the problem, it was a union query issue not crosstab.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.