bluezidane is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2002

Hiding checkbox on report

Hi

I am working on a report that will only display the relevant checkboxes and associated labels if each checkbox is ticked. So far I have managed to get the labels to hide when their relevant checkbox is not ticked by replacing the label with an unbound textbox which has "=IIf([checkbox],"xxx",Null)" as its control source.

But I still cannot get the checkbox itself to not appear if it's not been ticked. I have tried lots of things but I am not an Access expert at all so it's all trial and error! I am using Access 2007 and would hugely appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

I have also changed the properties of the report detail section (and the labels) to can grow/shrink as ideally I would like the report to only show the relevant, ticked checkboxes without extra space between them.

Thanks

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    rather than solving this at the report/format level - - have you considered instead working the query of the report to only contain records of checkboxes that are checked .... not sure how your data is set up - but this might work.

hope it helps.

bluezidane is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Thanks for your reply. But I am not sure that will work because I want the user to be able to select a record using a query and then for the report to display the relevant data. However different records will have different information (ie different checkboxes ticked or not ticked) so it seems to me that my report will need to contain all the options which then appear, or don't appear, depending on whether they are ticked or not. If you see what I mean.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.