smorris4804 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Exclamation Creating a Form with 2 combo boxes and a text box

Hey everyone.

I need help creating a form using 2 combo boxes and a text box. The first combo box will be for example:Provider degree. 2nd combo box will be:Specialty that was sent in and i will need the text box to populate based on what combo box 1 and 2. I have a 3 tables for each named Degree, Specialty on CR and Specialty to Key. all Containing the need information. I want to use VBA and SQL. I have never used either but have good knowledge of Access 2007. Can some help? I was thinking maybe i could create queries to populate each table with that data and use the queries in the form? HELP please? Thanks in advance

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Do your comoboboxes need to be dependent? I.e. should the RowSource for combobx 2 be dependent on what is selected in combobox1? If so, check this tutorial http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...combobox2.html

Maybe table joins can serve to determine the Specialty to Key value. Would need to know more about table structures and relationships.

Can use code to set the value of textbox. The trick is figuring out where to put the code - what event will trigger retrieving the value? Could be in the AfterUpdate events of the comboboxes or a button 'Get Specialty to Key' click.

I only use VBA but possibly macros could accomplish this.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.