andrew c. is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Button to Add

Hey All,

So I have a very very simple database that has a code and a time and a price associated with it.

I want to make a form where I click a button to add a field. In that field, I will have a combo box to choose a code, and then there will be two data boxes next to it that show the corresponding time and price. That is not hard.

Here is where I am having issues. I want to have it so if I click the button again, another field appears below it so I can no select another item. I want to have this form dynamic so I can just keep clicking to add rows if necessary. Is there a way to do this, and is there a way to keep the button that adds rows stay on the page with you as you scroll down, so that way if you are at the bottom and want to add more, you don't have to scroll to the top to add another row?

Once I get all of the rows added, I will need to add a button that sums up all of the times and prices. How would I sum up a dynamic form like this?

Sorry if this has already been asked before. I searched around the forum and couldn't find and answer.

wdrspens is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hi,
    Can you not make the form a continuous form? If you do, you will not need a button then because when you reach the end of the tab order your next tab will take you to a new row.
    Alternatively make the form a split form with the continuous form on the bottom and then each time you tab from the last field you are into a new form, with the details showing in the continuous form below, and you can sum those details by clicking the sum sign in display mode and choosing how you want to sum.

andrew c. is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks for the reply! I'm not very familiar with access. I'll go ahead and look up how to make a continuous form and see if it solves the issue. Thanks again.

wdrspens is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Create a form with all the necessary fields and rearrange the labels above the fields, with all the fields in a line across the page, and all the labels above the line of fields.
    Cut and paste the labels into the Header. Move the fields to the top of the page. Bring up the bottom bar to sit directly beneath the line of fields.
    Click in the form top left space to get up the Properties of the form and not the properties of any field, and under the "all" tab change the Default View from Single Form to Continuous Form.
    This screen shot might assist

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.