EES is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Pausing OpenReport

Greetings to all - first time post so here i go
    I have a couple of questions (for which search results show up zero):

This is a database created for school report cards. Teachers enter the details via a form and reports are run for the printing side of things.

1. In order to provide an 'on screen print preview' for the teacher, I am using macros on a form button (i know nothing about VB) to open the reports for a selected student and up to 15 reports will open (for the various subjects).
    Is there a way to pause it after each one opens so the teacher doesn't have 15 reports open on screen at a time?
    I am looking to have only one open at a time and the next report will open when the reader closes the currently open report.

2. For some students, not all reports will have been completed (via the form). When the preview button is clicked to open the 15 or so preview reports, how do i get it to ignore (and thus, not open) any report that is blank?

Any help is much appreciated ..
    Kind regards

ketbdnetbp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Ees -

Haven't used this in A2010 but, in A2003 there is a NoData Event that occurs after the report is formatted. Try searching the NoData Event and the OnNoData property in Access/VB Help. Normally, these are used to cancel the printing of a report that contains no data but, I think you may be able to close the report as well.

Hope this gets you started.

All the best,

Jim

EES is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for your reply, Jim. I had a look at that but couldn't get it working yet - prob something im getting wrong in the macro, but i'll keep at it.
    Certainly gives me something to aim at ..

Thanks again!

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't use macros, only VBA. But suppose could do following with macros. Have macro open first report. Have buttons on other reports, each will close open report and then open the next one in the series. Report must be viewed in ReportView for buttons to be enabled and run code in their Click event. Complication is if report doesn't open because of no data. Will need code to automatically open next report in this case.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

EES is offline Novice
    Thanks June7. I had thought about that but the reports need to be 'previewed' so the user can see what they'll get from the printer.

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, then maybe the Close event of the report could have the code to open next report or in a custom print button on the QAT or ribbon. Open report in PrintPreview, send to printer with the printer driver dialog or custom button, close report by X on the report or automatically in the custom button and run next report.

Google: VBA pause code
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.