aarontn is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Multivalued field in reports showing as number not value

Okay, I have created an access database that we are using at church for the kids ministry. It is working great. The secretary puts in the date, chooses from a list of services (Sunday 9am, Sunday 11am, Wednesday) that are chosen from a list, Classes (nursery, toddlers, etc) that are chosen from a list, and then there is a multivalued list that has all of the kids listed and they check off what kids were there and then submit.
    Now, I need to run a report on a set of dates, which I know how to do, but when I run the report, it gives me numbers instead of the child's name or the class. So the report I have now shows the date and service appropriately, but the attendance.kidid.value shows 6,7,8,9,202, and the class shows 3.
    How can I get those things to show up as the actual values instead of the access values? Is there something I can run or setup to fix this? I want to make it as low maintenance as possible

NTC is offline VIP
    it is probably the actual key value; and one is using a lookup type field. all of that is in fact proper design and nothing is broken.

modify the record source of the report ; it probably is a query. Add the looked up tables that hold the names you need (i.e. Students ClassNames tables). the join link will automatically be created.

then you can modify your report to insert those actual text fields - -

hope it helps.

aarontn is offline Novice
    You are correct that it is the key value and it's using the lookup field.

I am trying to figure out exactly how to create the join link to show the report properly.

On the query that the report is pulling from, there are 4 fields, kidid, date, class, and service. kidid, class, and service are all lookup fields.

And the table that the query is pulling from has 5 fields, ID, date, class, service, and kidid(multi-value).

Now, when I pull out the report, the date is correct, and the service is correct, but the class shows a number, and the kidid.value shows a number as well.

I just want to make sure I give you all the information that I can to get this fixed up.
    If you need any more info, just let me know.
    I am not a very high level access user, so any tutorials or instructions you can give would be amazing.
    Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.