Starstruck00 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Help, I get a green thing when i put a label.

so i want to add a label for my db, when i click textbox, then 2 boxes come out,

actually i just need one, so i write the word for my label in one box, and delete the other, but it turns out that i have a green like a small triangle on the upper left of the box.
    can you help me how to remove it?

and oh, for another one, is it possible to Ms Access to be auto finished?
    like when you type something in Ms Excel, then you type it again, it automatically show the finished word?
    can you guys help me with that?

i know this questions may be the silliest questions on this board, but believe me, i can't seem to solve it.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What you originally did was create a textbox. Textboxes are created with an associated label. If you then deleted the textbox and left the label, the green triangle has a message that this label is not associated with a control. It should go away. If it hasn't then you must have deleted label and left textbox. Then the message probably says the ControlSource for the textbox is wrong. Click on the green triangle and a dropdown will present with the info and maybe some choices.

A label can be created independent of a textbox by selecting the label tool from the design ribbon.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

robsworld78 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    yeah you likely did use a textbox when all you wanted was a label. The green arrow isn't anything to be concerned about if all you want is some text on the form that isn't related to anything. When you just want pointless text on a form use the label control.

Autofill works for combo boxes, they either look up data in a table or in a list you create. If it was a name you always wanted on say a invoice form you would add a combo box to the invoice form which was linked to your customers so then when you wanted a customer on the invoice form you would start typing the name and it would show up or you can use the drop down and select from the list that pops up.

Hope that helps some

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.