Question Navy IT Needs help

I am creating a DB to keep track of our commands training. What I want to do is generate a report that will tell me how many courses each member in the data base has completed. I have begun by creating multiple tables one listing all the courses that could be assigned to any given person then I created another table for entering a members name and all courses he completed. Now this is the tricky part not every person has the same ammount of courses to do and I want the report to indicate that: Example: Doe, John completed 10 of 20 courses. I created another table listing different course filtering and the number of courses used in that filter. Like this :Example: E4 and Below 8 courses,
    engineering 3 courses,

So if I was a E4 and in engineering I would like it to state I need 11 courses to complete. Now my guess on this is it would make sense when you are entering the Members data you enter this, or something like that. Anybody have any ideas I would like the table also to reflect total number of courses that member has to complete.

Dear ITChevyDON,

I think it will be better to create a new table to contain all members and their relative data ... every member will not be repeated (Unique value) ... and create other table to add a record when you whith member name and the completed course ... in case of member with no completed courses he will not appear in this table ...
    now you will be able to create a query and make group by count ... this will return the member name and no of completed courses ...

I hope this hint help you
    Please try and feedback.

Thanks
    Ahmed

Thanls I think thats what I am going to have to do. Thank you...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.