RemonKoybito is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Modifying contacts search box

Hi all, thanks for reading my thread. I'm making a volunteer database for my work. To do so, I'm just changing up the contacts database that came with my Access because I wanted to use its nifty search box without having to make my own.

My problem is that I went into the embedded macro for the go button next to that search box and took out the filters for company, category, and job title (since I took those out from the main table whenever I tried to search a message box popped up asking for those values, and I didn't want that to happen). Now, whenever I try and run a search I get a message that says, "Object of class does not support the set of events." I've no idea what that means, can someone help? I need the search box since we'll be adding several hundred volunteers.

Thanks so much!

I just noticed another problem. In the Open field on the contacts lists form, that used to open up that contacts form before, it now says "#Name?" and gives the same error message when I click it. I'm assuming that means these problems are related? When I click Okay on that error message it opens some macro single step window and lists the macro and the arguments as:

Volunteer Details, Form, , ="[ID]=" & Nz([ID],0)

I looked at the embedded macro and had no idea what to do. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone help me? I really don't want to start all over. I don't understand why taking out some of the "SetTempVar" bits of the search buttons macro messed it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.