andeekaii is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Multiple products in an order

Hello there,

I am in the process of making a database to help me manage my ebay business sales. I have limited experience with Access and I have kind of hit a wall now.

I have a Sales form, which has an embedded Products Subform.
    Each sale can have multiple products attached to it and this works.

What I am struggling with is adding a new product to the sale through a form. I need some kind of drop down list to choose a product to add. Once this is done I would also like the ability to stock check e.g. when a product is added to a sale order, -1 from the product stock.

I have attached the database. I hope you guys can see where I'm going with this as the main structure is there, I'm just struggling to put it all together.

Andy

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Here is a free data model related to inventory. It may help you to see how the tables are structured and related, so you can compare yours. This is just someone else's approach, not a suggestion that yours won't work.

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...tail/index.htm

You don't seem to have an Orders table per se. Usually one would have an Order and OrderDetails table. Not sure if that's relevant to you.

You may want to look at some other models, such as,
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ders/index.htm

and see if additional tables are needed. You really should have a model, and some test data and test conditions. Try your data against the model; and adjust as necessary.

You may need "pieces" from different model to get your "situation" properly modeled.

As for a drop down list -- that is a combobox (could be a listbox).

It seems that when a Product is assigned to an Order, you want to reduce the quantity of that Product in Inventory.

There are probably examples available via google or the forum.
    Good luck with your project.

andeekaii is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Thank you for your help orange. They seem very closely related to what I am looking for.
    In response to not having an 'Orders table' - I do, it's Sales and Sale Details.

After thinking about it more carefully I think it would be more time efficient for me to hire somebody to do the job for me. Is this allowed on the forum; can I ask another member? Or can you recommend somewhere where I could find someone who can do this?

I won't have a very high budget at all but I wouldn't expect it to be a very long job.

Andy

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I don't think that is allowed -- not on the forum anyway. We're here to help and advise, and some times critique or suggest some other considerations. The approach is to give it a good hard effort; when you seemed stumped-- ask a specific problem - and work with whatever responses you get. You can always reword, put up a sample showing the "issue" etc and repeat. But paying for help would be contrary to the forum-- in my view.

However, if you wanted to check with local companies where you live (or via internet) and seek a professional developer, that is outside the intent of this forum.

You can certainly ask others for their opinion or assistance.

You may want to give an overview of your situation including
    -the purpose of your work
    -any specific time constraints affecting the project
    -your data base structure
    - your goals/objectives
    - your level of expertise
    -......etc

Good luck with whatever course of action you decide.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.