Surferboy1500 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Multiple Check Outs - Lending Library

Hello,

I recently posted a question about having an issue with my check-out not linking to the asset. I also had a question I was hoping someone would be able to help me with:

The way I'm using the lending library is to check out something that may have multiple of the same item. Rather than making the same exact asset information, is there a way I can check-out the same asset to several people? I think this would cause issues with the Check-in/Check-out query but I'd rather have a function where I could check-out one ID to several people and change the check in where I would have to pick one of the people who have it checked out.

The DB is in the other forum post, but when I was reading other posts; people complained about having too many problems in one post, hence the second post. Thanks in advance!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not with the project as currently designed and would require some major modifications to allow this. So major I suspect better to start over from scratch.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Surferboy1500 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Not with the project as currently designed and would require some major modifications to allow this. So major I suspect better to start over from scratch.
    I'm using this database because I'm only a beginner when it comes to access. I can usually figure out databases but these things have issues too easily and I have to start over (i've tried about a dozen times over a month or so to make one and everytime something happens like this). Plus, I can't get interactive buttons to work like the check-out and check-in nor would I know how to get it to let me check-out several of the same item.

razgris05JT is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    In relate to this, is it possible to modify the check-out/check-in Transaction macro for mass checkout?
    I.e. Multiple items to a single borrower?

I was thinking using a check box to indicate which I want to check out
    and use the macro Transaction and work on those only in the "Lending Library" template.

Any help?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I don't have Acc2007 and am not familiar with the Lending Library (template), but with data models of Video rental, article rentals, the Title may be the same but different assets are typically differentiated by Copy Number.

So when you say, "is there a way I can check-out the same asset to several people", are you referring to copy1 of something, copy5 and copy17?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.