axess_nab is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Unhappy Problems with types dlookup function to complete info

Hi guys I have a problem... I've been creating a database for my work for the purchase department. I'm currently designing the orders form which has a combobox in wich you can select the supplier name and automatically complete de information regarding the data of this supplier (address, phone, fax, etc.)

I'm using a macro which acts after the combobox changes using the setvalue action in which the argument is as follows:

[Forms]![Orden de Compra]![Direccion_OC], DLookup("Direccion","Proveedores","Nombre = '" & [Forms]![Orden de Compra]![cmb_proveedor] & "'")

The "Direccion_OC" field is in the "Orden de Compra" form, this is where I want to put the address of the supplier which is selected with the "cmb_proveedor" combobox. The table that contains the supplier as you can see is "Proveedores" and I search with the field named "Nombre" for the field "Direccion" which contains the address.

when I try to run the macro it appears the missmatch type error

I've already tried checking the type of the data in the tables, both are exactly the same type.

I'm attaching a copy of my database hoping there's someone here who can help its in spanish but I hope I've gave enough detail of the fields involved for you to understand the problem.

Please guys help!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I haven't looked at your db, but I would use this rather than the DLookup's:

http://www.baldyweb.com/Autofill.htm

It would be much more efficient than several DLookup's. If you want to stay with them, the type mismatch error is usually do to syntax inappropriate for the data type:

DLookup Usage Samples
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

axess_nab is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Pbaldy thank you so much your article made me realize I really didn't needed to save this data again. I didn't tried your solution because I was able to perform the dlookup function before but only as an expression not as a macro. I still use this function because I used it on a report to use the printable version of the order. Thanks again and I'll probably keep asking you more stuff if you have a chance to check out my database for any advice I'd really appreciate it! thanks again!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.