ajolson1964 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Error # 2147221233

I am new to VBA coding and was needed some help. Here is the situation. The company has converted a db from Access 2003 to 2010. All seems ok for now but there is a issue on system open. When the system is opened the main form opens but give the following error message.

Error # 2147221233- The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found has occurred during the System Screen Load

I was able to track down the issue and it has to do with the following code.

Set dbUniversalDB = Currentdb

Set olUnivOLApp = New Outlook.Application

Set olfUnivOLFolder3 = olUnivOLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders").Folders("ogletreeabbott.com").Folders("P I Calendar")

It appears to me that the system is looking for a public folder in PI Colander and cant find it. I checked outlook and the folder is there.
    MY question is what does
    Set olfUnivOLFolder3 = olUnivOLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders").Folders("ogletreeabbott.com").Folders("P I Calendar") do?

And could anyone theorize on why I am getting this error message?

Error # 2147221233- The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found has occurred during the System Screen Load

Thanks

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajolson1964 View Post
    MY question is what does
    Set olfUnivOLFolder3 = olUnivOLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders").Folders("ogletreeabbott.com").Folders("P I Calendar") do?
    MAPI is the name space of outlook. Kind of like POP3 with Gmail? But not really, it's not a server so I guess that's not correct. But at any rate, it's pretty much standard right now I think to use it anyway, so I'd leave it.

I would guess what they're trying to do here is get into the PI Calendar subfolder, which is 4 subs deep from PUBLIC FOLDERS. That's what it looks like anyway.

so if it worked in 03 but not 10, I would assume that either some syntax has changed in either access or outlook, OR you cannot use MAPI anymore. But I would seriously doubt that is the case.

check out these examples: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...6f6ce8c32f4f53

check the 2nd one for sure. the short desc. on the results page suggests that it might be able to help you get into subs that are buried deep in an outlook folder structure.
    Last edited by ajetrumpet; 05-16-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: completely misread this post and posted wrong advice.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.