cdh is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Access 2007 Date/Time Field

Ok I need the experts to help me out! To make data input easier I created seperate fields for date and time. Now I need to move the DB to SharePoint to allow multiple users access. SharePoint does not accept time only fields.

I need to be able to create a General Date/Time field that works with SharePoint but only shows the time and allows me to only input the time.

Can Anyone please help??

Thank You

NTC is offline VIP
    Well; first - one doesn't need to go to sharepoint for multiple users if you are on the same LAN, in terms of Access; perhaps in terms of your company's policies or maybe you are going with webforms, but not in terms of vanilla Access. You can split the db and put the BE file in native Access at a common folder for all to link to.

having said that: one can have 2 separate, unbound fields for data input - and then merge them together. in client server (vanilla Access) just a little vba; in a web form you would want to use the new Data Macros and so it at the table level.

Hope this helps a little.

cdh is offline Novice
    NTC, thanks for your assistance.

We are not all on the same LAN, this is why we are trying to use SharePoint.

Can you give me more information on "having said that: one can have 2 separate, unbound fields for data input - and then merge them together. in client server (vanilla Access) just a little vba; in a web form you would want to use the new Data Macros and so it at the table level."

I am not a script writter, but this sounds like what I was hoping to be able to do. Use a form to input the date and time seperatly and then merge them into the same field to allow them to work on sharepoint. But also allows you to see them seperatly in forms and reports.

Could you write the script, would you need my DB?

NTC is offline VIP
    Then you are using the webforms of Access2010? I ask because saying sharepoint doesn't precisely describe your avenue. Also one can store a db at sharepoint which differs from making your tables into sharepoint lists - which I believe is your situation.

One is always welcomed to contact me for commercial work via the web site I list in my signature here or look for someone more local to your area - but in terms of volunteered info via forums; info is provided to the degree possible. So in terms of your question, and presuming you are designing a web form - then I think the solution to take is probably using the new table data macros approach. Not 100% certain as I haven't had to do the exact thing you need. Probably my one most repeated advice to posters is to have an Access Textbook, easily found at Amazon or any large book store - as it will cover this topic of table data macros. You can post your db and one of the other good forum participants might provide code - but in general I simply do not have the time to volunteer to that level and encourage posters to learn the Access development environment. Hope this helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.