Malkim92 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Linking Fields on Access 2007

Hi,

I'm kinda new to access and was wondering if anyone could help. So the thing is, I made 4 tables and one form. lets say Table 1, Table 2, Table 3, and Table 4, with a Main Form. I put one similiar field between the 4 tables called Name and made a form that included everything i want from the 4 tables. Now, what i want is when i enter something in the field Name on the form it enters that name into the 4 tables and not only Table 1(the table where i used the field for in the form). Can anyone please help me?

I did the relations between the 4 fields on the tables (Enforced Referential Intergrity, Cascade Update Related Fields, Cascade Delete Related Records).

Thanks.

Malkim92 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Anyone know anything about what I need?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Well in terms of classical database design; 1 table should be the record source of the form. The other 3 tables can be inserted as subforms. When doing so the wizard will ask for the cross referencing field. When you enter that field into the field for the main form - it will auto enter into the other tables - if/when data is entered into those other tables that trigger a record creation....

Generally these cross referencing fields are not human entered values - but instead are autonumber key fields....which is something you probably should consider.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.