taspangler is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Multiple entries wanted in Form

I am needing to create a form that will allow data entry of a survey. On this form I have set up survey date and location which are always unique to the survey. I also need to set up a way to enter an unknown number of survey results normally 1-5. The survey results are limited to defined results that are already in a table. I have set up a junction table between the survey table and the results table using each tables primary key. I am having no luck getting multiple entries of the results on the form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Todd,

I have an invoicing sample somewhere in my archives. It allows for multiple record entries on a single form because of the need for multiple invoice line items. I can upload that here if you would like.

I'm not sure what method it actually uses, but I seem to remember it using a temp table. I have never been able to understand the need for junction tables, so I have always used temp objects and code as an alternative.

taspangler is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I would appreciate that. I am new to Access, have taken two day long classes and am surprised how little I still know. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated. And you example sounds just like what I need.

Todd

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Todd,

my archives are at home. but my original post is here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=137158

If I remember right, I found a mistake that completely ruined the sample long after I intially posted that, but I believe that was fixed. there's a note about it on the page.

I think my archives still have the same examples as found there, so posting it here would be irrelevant.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.