ldodge is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Unhappy 2 questions about combo boxes

Hi all-- I am new to Access and even newer to this forum. It is really awesome.

My two questions are this:
    The first one is that I have a combo box in my form with 16 different cup sizes (we make dairy products). This works great, but once in a while I have to have a different size cup for a specialty product (once in a blue moon), how can I put an "other" selection and edit type in the goofy size?

The next question is this: When I print this information on the report, the box is 0.5" tall X 4.0" (approximately), how can I display the list of cups (sometimes 6 to 8) in 3 columns instead of one long list that gets cut off after about three sizes?
    Thanks in advance for all the wonderful advise
    Lawrence
    Make yours an excellent day

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    cup sizes? for a minute there, I thought you were talking about women. Seriously, I did!

getting a new options into the box: look at the prop called "limit to list". set it to NO and you should be able to type into it. (I think)

horizontal data:if you want to do this, send it to excel. The only tool other than code in Access to transform data from up and down to side/side is the crosstab query.

Well we know where your mind is (A man after my own heart haha). Anyways thanks for the help, I tried the limit to list and I keep getting a statement about the bound column not matching the column width or something like that. I have played with those two things to no avail.

As for the Excel import -- can you give me a bit more details on how to automatically export the data to Excel and then import it back into
    Access in the correct form? As for using code, I am not scared (well not to much) to try my hand at code, if you have some ideas on that I would appreciate it. Thanks again. Now get your mind back on what is important -- work that is
    Lawrence

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    for transforming data, try: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...c&pf=p&pdl=300

or: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...c&pf=p&pdl=300

I can't remember if I wrote code to do this myself, but if you want me to look, and/or have no luck with those pages, let me know. I will check my archives if you need me to.

whew that is deep, I will have to play with that some. Thanks for your help.
    Make yours a terrific weekend.
    Lawrence

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.